Recent Posts

header ads

MicroReview: The Haunting of Katie Malone (2010)

Kill Katie Malone Cover - Horror Movie Review


College students and best friends Ginger Matheson, Jim Duncan, and Kyle "Dixie" Canning, pool their cash to buy a "ghost" in an online auction. The three think it's all a goof, but once they open up the antique box to examine their "treasure," they unleash the vengeful spirit of an Irish servant girl who has been wreaking havoc on her owners throughout the generations.

Review

The Haunting of Katie Malone Cover - Horror Movie ReviewOkay, just to set the record straight on the cover: The film I saw was called The Haunting of Katie Malone, there is no demon in the film, it is a ghost, and Dean Cain is in it, at most,  for three minutes - only appearing in two scenes, one at the beginning and one the end and having no bearing on the plot whatsoever. But moving on.

Written by Mark Onspaugh (Flight of the Living Dead) the film has some ideas. It is, obviously a little silly in premise (buying a ghost from Ebay) but it could have really worked as a tongue in cheek horror. Sadly it takes itself way too seriously. Director Carlos Ramos Jr. (feature debut) does a reasonable enough job, but it relies heavily on CG driven effects (which are so-so) and off screen kills, rather for a PG-13 audience. Which is also a shame.

The cast are okay, putting in little effort to attain little reward, again reeking of PG-13 certificate awareness.

It was R rated. For some reason.

Overall the middling blandness of the production says it all. It is, quite literally, okay. It's average. It has ideas that it fails to explore. Actors act, and are okay. It will pass the time. It's not bad. I wouldn't recommend it. It is a generic slasher at it's heart.

Make of that what you will.


Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. Superb! I am found of horror movies and I often watch those movies about which I get reviews. The reason is that I often end up watching movies that are productive and give some lesson and users can get help with university assignment to have quality work. I would love to watch this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb! I enjoy horror films and frequently watch ones for which I have read positive reviews. The reason for this is that I frequently find myself viewing movies that are both educational and entertaining, and users may obtain law essay . This is a film I'd want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since the time I joined dissertation writing services company, I got more interested in horror movies. I have not watched the movie "The Haunting of Katie Malone" till yet but reading your review, I am planning to watch it in the evening today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! I could inspire on this film. I remember the first time when I wrote my essay, writers with https://pro-papers.com/buy-critical-review told me that I could become a writer. I did not have enough of such a film to continue the work I had begun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://whidegroup.com/ is a boutique company delivering e-commerce solutions that provide advanced business value to entrepreneurs, and have done so for over 10 years. Focused on the story behind each e-commerce enterprise, we maintain personal interactions with our clients with an eye to develop technology solutions matching their specific business needs.

    ReplyDelete